Heating Up Your Home
Did You Know...
Heaters are the second leading cause of home fires as well as home fire injuries? It is also the third leading cause of home fire deaths. Because we care, we share; here are some ways you can attempt to stay out of those statistics.
Three Feet Rule
-Keep your heater 3 feet from anything that could catch fire. The potential for house fires increases when you leave them on for too long or too close to flammable items. Space heaters and electric blankets may cause a spark and ignite.
-Turn off portable heaters when you’re not in the room. Night can be cold, but it's safest to not sleep with them on.
-Keep heaters plugged into the wall, not extension cords. Keep them flat on the ground and away from kids and pets.
Do not use a stove oven to heat up your house.
This is one of those “just because you can, doesn't mean you should” situations.
Using an oven to heat a house is not only inefficient, it is also risky and potentially deadly.
Carbon monoxide (CO) can cause health effects. CO is an invisible, odorless gas that is emitted when gas appliances are used.
#centralLouisiana #holidaSafety #fireDamage #firePrevention #heroReady #insuranceClaim #fireSafety #smokeDamage #electricalFire #hereToHelp